Coronaviruses are large family of viruses that cause diseases in birds and mammals. In humans, the viruses cause respiratory infection, including the common cold to more severe disease. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and people.
History of coronaviruses:
Coronaviruses were discovered in the 1960. First time it was discovered in the chickens and two viruses from the nasal cavities of human patients with common cold. In December 2019, novel (new) coronaviruses first identified in Wuhan city, China. Thousands of new cases has been identified outside the Wuhan city, and growing no. of cases other international locations included the United States.
Prevention and precaution from coronaviruses:
- Wash your hands with soap and water properly. Especially after going to the bathroom, before eating food and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water is not available , use an alchol- based hand sanitizer.
- Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth with tissue while coughing or sneezing and then throw it into the trash
Treatment for coronaviruses:
There are no specific treatments for illnesses caused by human coronaviruses. Most people with common human coronavirus illness will recover on their own. However, you can do some things to relieve your symptoms
- Take pain and fever medicine
- Drink plenty of liquids
- Stay home and rest
If you are concerned about your health and showing these symptoms, you should consult to your doctor or health care provider.